Thursday, February 8, 2024

 BOOK REVIEW:

The Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad

WOW! The heart and mind of man can be a place of great darkness. Recently, I read David Grann’s book, The Wager; in it Grann references Joseph Conrad. The Heart of Darkness was in my TBR stack, I thought I would give it a try. 

This classic, though sparse in size, weighs heavy from a psychological view of the perversion of human nature. From Dover Literature and Language Catalog (back cover of the book):  “Heart of Darkness ranks as a landmark of modern fiction. It is a book no serious student of literature can afford to miss.” So, I read it and might even read it again one day. It is beautifully written. Some remarkable scenes came alive in my seeing and hearing. About halfway through the book, I checked to see if it was available via audio. It was! I listened to it while I read the words. This helped me immensely in my picturing the story in my mind. 


No comments:

Post a Comment