Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My Mantra

I am trying desperately to get back to my morning devotional. Desperately because I feel I have moved too far from God's word and message for my daily life... it truly is my "Daily Bread". 

Today, as I was reading Sue Monk Kidd's book of inspiration, God's Joyful Surprise: Finding Yourself Loved, I read and chewed on the following:  "Reflection is in many ways a lost art.  It is an eyepiece to a world hidden away, the world within ourselves which is alive with truths and beauties and darkness we have never glimpsed... I continue to become a stranger not only to myself but a stranger to God....I would spread a drop of my life across my mind and ponder it like a child with a microscope. "  There is so much more!  

I get so very excited when I see God working... listen to this:  I started my "Reflections" blog Memorial Day... yesterday, I blogged about Common Decency.  Remember the part where I said..."Hmmm... did I say "I"... maybe THAT is part of the problem...  Today, God revealed to me that indeed HE is in charge of my life, every day, every hour, every minute, every second.  HE is the only one I should honor!  This is stuff I have known all my life... It is when I "leave" Him and try to do things on my own that my life seems to spin out of control.  (Reference: Malachi 2:1-9 and Judges 5:16) 

All this to say... my mantra has become: Honor God in everything!  

No comments:

Post a Comment