Sunday, June 20, 2010

Running a 5K

Running is my new passion
Core engaged; shoulders, up back down
Slow & steady finishes the race
My feet moving to the music

Running makes me feel alive
Rhythmic breathing, heart pounding
My feet moving to the music
Streams of sweat dripping down

Rhythmic breathing, heart pounding
Pacing my stride to finish strong
Streams of sweat dripping down
Folks cheering along the way

Pacing my stride to finish strong
Fatigue says, "slow!"; my brain screams, "No!"
Folks cheering along the way
Exhilaration... I cross the line!

5 comments:

  1. The format of this poem is called a Mobile Pantoum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dianne,
    You are such a beautiful woman. I am blessed to have you in my life. You are also talented with the pen. I love reading everything you write.
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! I like it alot. :) I bet running is alot of fun for you. :) Me, I prefer biking. Especially when its sprinkling, or even raining. :) Thanks for posting!

    ~Murphy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer... Ditto, darling!! You are a treasure to me!!
    Murphy...I totally understand the sprinkling and raining... runners love that too!! Keep on biking, that is great!! I would love to own a bicycle, may have to think about that for cross-training!

    ~Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for runners and bicyclers... is that a word? Heh, but anyway, yeah, biking is alot of fun. I love the speed. ^^ It's really helped my endurance alot. And plus, you really don't have to get all that new of a bike, we got mine at an antique shop, it runs just fine. :) Plus, when I bike, it helps me think. :)

    ReplyDelete