Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day 2009 Refections

This weekend was a "working-holiday weekend" for Don and me.  Our home has the new roof  and windows installed in workout room; gutters to go.  Don & I reinstalled the screens on the back porch in between the rain showers.  Don is such a determined worker!  He loves to get an early start, was at it before 7AM; not sure the neighbors enjoyed the humm of the saw on this holiday morning.   At 6PM "we" are finally through for this Memorial Day.  I have my place of tranquility back... save the scraping of the ceiling fan.  Don hit it with something TALL! 

Been thinking a lot today about soldiers who sacrificed time away from home and for some, their lives,  so that we can do what we do daily. Let us never take this gift for granted!
THANK YOU!!  Seems so insignificant!

My dad was in three wars: World War II, Korean War, and Vietnam War.  I didn't know he was in WWII until after he died!  I cannot imagine the carnage and destruction his eyes have seen.  I wish he had  talked about his experiences... I guess they were much too painful.  I am proud to have had him as my Daddy!  Even though he was bull-headed as all-get-out!  Hmmm... I am my Father's daughter!

As I close today's blog... I wonder if I will blog daily?  weekly? bi-monthly? I guess it depends on what I have to say.  Or maybe I should just write daily whether I have anything to say or not... that is what I would want my students to do!  






No comments:

Post a Comment